Monday 19 March 2012

Me: Happy Mother’s Day!

Mother: Oh thank you darling.

Me: I’m sorry you only got a card this year, I just haven’t had time to do anything – but I’ll make it up for your birthday

Mother: You know all I want is a card. Besides we’ve had a lovely day

Me: What’d you do?

Mother: Well the sun was shining so we were going to drive to Cherry Lane Garden Centre and have a walk around

Me:…right…

Mother: But then when we got in the car, it wouldn’t start would it?

Me: ….

Mother: That blinking battery

Me: hhmmm

Mother: But oh well, we couldn’t do that so we decided to trim the hedges.


Me: ……

Mother: And the sun’s been out and then Dave got the mower out and he did that while I…

Me:..trimmed the hedges?

Mother: Yes. That was lovely. And now I’m just sitting here in…

Me: …front of the fire…

Mother: …yes, and watching…

Me: ….Dancing on Ice?

Mother: How’d you know that?

Me: Regular Sunday, Ma.

Mother: Well, no, not really. We don’t always trim the hedges….

No comments:

Post a Comment