Thursday 31 May 2012

you know Stuart

Mother:  They had a little boy

Me:  Who did?

Mother:  Stuart

Me:  Stuart who?

Mother:  Bev's boy

Me:  Oh.  Right

Mother:  You know Stuart

Me:  Yes, just what the world needs, another one of him

Mother: Oh, he's changed a lot

Me:  He'd need to

Mother:  Well anyway we all said how we won't see Bev very much now - she'll be all over the new baby...

Me:  ........

Mother:  ......and she says he has blue eyes, but then they all do, so we'll just have to wait and see what...

Me: ...........

Mother: ...colouring he turns out, but then Stuart's quite dark isn't he?  So I imagine...

Me:  .....Ma?.....

Mother:  the boy will turn quite dark and then.....

Me:  Mum, I have to go

Mother:  But I think his partner is very fair, but then they say that dark overrides...

Me:   I really have to go

Mother: ....normally, doesn't it.  Bev's so excited, she won't stop talking...

Me:   Ok, well, I'll speak to you soon

Mother:  ....about it.    Anyway, what are you up to?

Me:  I've got to go

Mother:  but we only just started talking...besides, I haven't told you what happened to Deb at work .....................

No comments:

Post a Comment