Friday 6 April 2012

In a tangle

Mother:  How's all the work going?

Me:  Good; being very productive

Mother:  Well that's good.

Me:  Yes.

Mother:  Beck?

Me:  Yes Ma?

Mother:  Beck?  Are you there?

Me:  Yeh, I'm here...has the phone...?

Mother:  ...hang on....it's this.....hold on, Are you there?  Beck?

Me:  Mum!  Stop moving the wire around, turn the TV down, then maybe you'll hear...

Mother: ...I'll just turn the TV down...and this connection is terrible...

Me:  Anyone would think you live in a cabin in the woo....

Mother:  Are you there?  Anyone would think we're in the dark ag....

Me:  I can hear you perfectly.

Mother:  Oh, there you are.  I can hear you now

Me:  What did you want to say, anyway?

Mother:   What?  Oh, I forget.  Oh.....erm....Ok.....no, couldn'tve been very important!

Me:  You just have to keep the wire unlooped when you're not using the portable...

Mother:  I know.  But I was getting myself in a tangle.

Me:  Surely not...

Mother:   Beck?

Me:  Yes?

Mum:  Beck?   Are you still there....................

No comments:

Post a Comment