Thursday 29 November 2012

Epif.....epif....

Mother:  I had an e....

Me:        ..........

Mother:  An ep...ep....I had an oh! - epif... oh you know!

Me:        An...?

Mother:  An epif...oh you know

Me:        An epiphany?

Mother:  An epiphany. That's it.

Me:        Really?  What was that then?

Mother:  Well I was just standing at the boiler, raking in coal...

Me:        Right....

Mother:  And then I realised!

Me:        What....?

Mother:  I haven't had the chimney swept for ages and the man who normally does it died...

Me:        Oh dear.

Mother:  I know. He was only 56 too, such a shame, Deb told me a while back and I didn't really take much notice so th....

Me:        So what's the epiphany?

Mother:  Well, I don't know who I'm going to use now. For the chimney.



No comments:

Post a Comment