Wednesday 6 March 2013

it's a bit complicated


Mother:  Yes, Joyce has one of those…oh…those...not laptops….

Me:  An iPad

Mother…Wha….not a Mac thing, an …..i….an i…

Me:  an iPad..?

Mother:  Yes.  An iPad.  Amazing things, aren’t they?

Me:  Yup

Mother: Yes…she was showing me how….all the…ya know…she was showing me all about it

Me:  Right

Mother:  if I got something like that then you could send me pictures, couldn’t you?

Me:  Well, you’d need to get internet first, Ma. 

Mother: Oh yes, I know.

Me: I could also just post you pictures….?

Mother:  Yes.  But it would be nice to see them sooner – or just, ya know, have access to lots of stuff. 

Me:  Well, yes.  There is always that…you'd have to learn how…

Mother:  oh, hang on.

Me:  …..

Mother:  I’m just trying to work this…

Me:  ……

Mother:  ...bloody VCR!

Me:  What are doing?

Mother:  Trying to record Eastenders, so we can keep talking…hang on it’s not…

Me:  ……

Mother:  I’m …just….trying….

Me: ……Why are you using the old VCR?

Mother:  I like it. 

Me:  But you have the digibox recorder now….?

Mother:  It’s a bit complicated. You know, with all these buttons...

No comments:

Post a Comment